Plug Power Notes
- Posted by Michael Bigger
- on June 3rd, 2014
On Thursday June 29, I attended a panel about fuel cells at the Cowen Conference. Andy Marsh, Plug Power CEO, presented. The other panelists represented Ballard, Fuel Cell Energy, and Hydrogenics.
Here are the main key points I noted from Andy’s comments:
- Total Global Market for $PLUG is $30 billion annually.
- The addressable market (now) is $10 billion annually.
- $PLUG expects revenues of $500 million in 2018.
- It is working on accelerating the full ownership date of Hypulsion.
- From what I could gather it appears the company is working with Honda in Europe. Honda could be a new forklift customer.
- All of the panelists were extremely bullish on the overall Hydrogen market because it is such a small segment of the energy market currently with so many potential applications.
Written by Michael Bigger.
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.blog comments powered by Disqus
Michael Bigger is an investor and a trader who has been involved with trading technologies for more than twenty years. In 1992, Michael joined Citibank as head trader of U.S. single-stock derivatives, where he managed a $5 billion portfolio of equity derivatives. In 1998, he joined D.E. Shaw & Co., L.P. to trade the U.S. equity derivatives portfolio. (More)