Here is what I intend to do this year to improve my trading business.
1. Improve my spread trading strategy in incremental ways. Small improvements compound over time. It’s a marathon. I must be alert to the small steps I need to take to increase my gain-loss ratio. How can I find more spreads to trade? How can I better utilize technology in finding and executing spreads? I want to experiment with all these levers.
2. Be more active in social media, both on the giving and receiving ends. There are lots of smart people out there with good ideas. Bigger Capital’s trading business is heavily influenced by connections we make on social networks. I intend to grow another brain or two.
3. Find a new trade set-up. My current strategy is going well but you can never get complacent in this business. Always look for opportunities. I am currently working on an option strategy that I think holds great promise. Even better, I will establish processes to find new trade set-ups.
4. Learn something new in finance, or brush up on what I learned in school about fixed income, currencies or some other product. Then mash up what I learned with what I am doing now.
5. Write everything down as blogs that elevate both writer and reader.
6. Help our trading partnership build amazing trading tools for our SpreadTraderPro Community.
I will monitor my progress by how well my trading platform grows throughout the year.
The information in this blog post represents my own opinions and does not contain a recommendation for any particular security or investment. I or my affiliates may hold positions or other interests in securities mentioned in the Blog, please see my Disclaimer page for my full disclaimer.
Michael Bigger is an investor and a trader who has been involved with trading technologies for more than twenty years. In 1992, Michael joined Citibank as head trader of U.S. single-stock derivatives, where he managed a $5 billion portfolio of equity derivatives. In 1998, he joined D.E. Shaw & Co., L.P. to trade the U.S. equity derivatives portfolio. (More)
This material is provided for informational purposes only, as of the date hereof, and is subject to change without notice. This material may not be suitable for all investors and is not intended to be an offer, or the solicitation of any offer, to buy or sell any securities.